Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Uncle Trent

Has it really been over a week since I last posted? The time has flown as I've had much to do. I can never understand why some people say they are bored. I don't know what that word means and for this I am very grateful. I want to serve and work for God as long as He allows me to do that. After all, what is retirement?

On Saturday morning we attended the basketball game of one of our grandsons, Andrew, and in the afternoon we attended a birthday party for him (he will be 10 in a few days) and his one-year-old brother Wesley. I have a wonderful camera that my husband bought me a while back, but now I need to learn how to load the pictures onto my blog. Actually, if I ever had enough time in one block, I could follow the directions and figure it out. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Truth is, it just takes a little (or a lot) longer.

The party was nice. Trent was especially delighted. He got to hold two of his nephews at once, one in each arm--Wesley who just turned one, and Matthew who is 18 months. For the last couple of days, he has said, "I was holding two babies, mom! Two babies!" I have the cutest picture of the three of them. Too bad I can't share it. Trent is in his glory when one of these precious toddlers allows him to hold them. He's a good uncle!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

He is such a wonderful uncle! I see him just doting on little Matthew everytime we are at church!