Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Yesterday we went to the Christmas Program of our new little grandson, Matthew. It was held at his day care center.

His Mom is a Christian school teacher and she has been home this week. He did not want to let go of her.

The day care is just down the street from us and he attends there two days a week. We have him two-three days a week, and, when his other grandmother isn't working, she loves to have him one day a week.

While at the day care center, I noticed a young man holding a toddler who had Down Syndrome. Most of the time, I will approach the parent, talk to them and tell them about our son, Trent. Once in a while I find someone who pulls away as if to say, "Who cares?" But this young father was quite proud and quite talkative about his son. The mother was a ways off, so at first I didn't get to speak to her.

I asked Don to go out to the car and get a copy of the book I wrote, "Beyond the Clouds." We have begun to give them away as the Spirit leads.

I approached the mother and said to her, "Are you the mother of the little boy who has Downs?"

She looked at me rather cautiously and answered, "Yes, I am."

"Here, I would like to give you this book I wrote. It's about my son who also has Down Syndrome."

She gave me a big smile. "You wrote this?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Thank you," she said.

The plan of salvation is clearly told in the last chapter of that book. That is the most important gift we can give to anyone.

Today is Christmas Eve and our family will be here. By tonight, as I drop into bed, I will be exhausted--and very, very happy. Tomorrow I will rest. But in all of that I don't want to forget the real meaning of Christmas--and share it with others!

Have a very wonderful Christ-centered Christmas!

No comments: