Monday, August 1, 2011

Lean Not Unto Thine Own Understanding

For some time now I have been tired--bone tired--the kind of tired that zaps every bit of energy, leaving one exhausted. I had not been sleeping well. I slurred my words. At times my mind would seem completely blank.

I was terrified! My husband quietly worried about me. The unspoken fear lingered deep inside both of us. Could I possibly be in the early stage of Alzheimers?

I well remember that my own mother began to show early symptoms of Alzheimers when she was only about six years older than I am now.

But last week I found out what the problem was when my doctor's office called me with the results of my yearly lab tests. Hypothyroid! What a relief!

I googled the word hypothyroid and guess what I found out? Most of the symptoms were ones that I have had. What a relief!

I now take a little white pill and hopefully, soon I will be feeling better.

Well, after all, how was I to know?

Proverbs 3:5 comes to mind here:"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Amen!

No comments: