Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Beautiful Angel and A Doll House

We have only two granddaughters. The oldest, Jeannette, is almost 20 years old (wow!) and she moved to another state when she was 2 1/2 years old so I do not see her often. Our other granddaughter, appropriately named Angelina Bella (beautiful angel), is 3 1/2 years old and she loves dolls! Yes--she loves dolls! I have a granddaughter after my own heart! I have a doll collection that I started many years ago. Angelina knows that she can't play with the porcelain dolls and she is a very obedient little girl. I also have a few dolls that are make of collectible vinyl. There is one in particular that Angelina loves and she knows that I allow her to gently play with this doll.

In my front closet is an unfinished dollhouse. Some months ago, when we went into the front closet to get some toys, she noticed it. Oh how she wanted to play with it! "I'm sorry sweetheart," I said, "but that house is not finished. Maybe when you get bigger, you and grandma can finish it together." It was only a month or two later when she and I went into the front closet again. Looking at the doll house, she put her hand on top of her head, then looked up at me with her beautiful smile and big dimples, and said, "I'm bigger now, grandma."

I don't want her to grow up too quickly, but I do look forward to finishing that doll house with her.

No comments: