Friday, January 30, 2009

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world,
Red and Yellow, Black and White,
They are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

I find myself singing this song over and over lately. I have been babysitting our new grandchild, Matthew, who is from China. Every day when I hug him and I kiss him I am awestruck that he is a part of our family and how much Jesus loves him.

Jesus loves ALL children. What a wonderful comfort this is to parents of children with special needs. Sometimes we forget the simple truths. In the Bible (Matthew 19:14) Jesus says, "Suffer (allow the) little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and all the other terms that are applied to people who have special needs are labels this world chooses to use. They are just that--labels. Jesus doesn't see the labels--He sees our children as children and He dearly loves each one.

No comments: