Saturday, August 8, 2009

Torn Rotator Cuff

The diagnosis is in. My rotator cuff is torn. I have two complete tears and one partial one that will all need to be repaired by surgery.

My doctor warned me (as if I didn't already know it) that this is an extremely painful surgery with a long recovery time. But it needs to be done. Of course I have a choice, but I have already lost quite a bit of range of motion and it will only get worse without surgery. If that isn't bad enough, I will need around 3-4 months of physical therapy.

I believe, and so does my doctor, that this rotator cuff problem is a result of last November's car accident when I was rear ended. It is going to be hard to prove though, so in the meantime, my medical insurance will have to pay. My coverage is not the greatest, and there is nothing available for physical therapy.

We have been trying to sell our camper for some time. If we sell it, the money would be just about the amount we need for physical therapy. God always supplies our needs. I know He will again, just as He has in the past. As much as I dread going through this, it will be exciting to see how God intervenes.

Pray for Don and Trent, too, that they don't kill each other during this time. I'm just kidding, but of course, not only will they be taking care of me, but they will also be doing all the things that I usually do. It's not going to be easy for any of us.

I don't want this to sound like I'm complaining. I'm really not. I am grateful to God that we live in a day and age where something like this can be repaired. He is so good to us! I am so glad that I am saved and know that I am on my way to heaven. Last week when Trent and I were in the car and he was listening to a Christian CD, he said, "Mom, God is so good to us!" I replied, "You're right Trent. He sure is!"

No comments: