Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kids Say the Sweetest Things

Matthew is back this week after having had his surgery three weeks ago and after having his parents home with him the last few weeks. He was not a happy camper yesterday morning when Dad and Mom dropped him off at our house. He cried real tears and it just about broke my heart. It lasted only a few moments. It was a good thing, because it proves that he is attaching to his Mommy and Daddy very well.

That, of course, means I will be busier than usual for a while.

Last week on Monday night, two of my grandchildren, Andrew and Angelina stayed overnight and all day Tuesday. Angelina will be four on June 1, and Andrew was 10 in February. Sometimes kids say such adorable things.

We were all baking cookies and Angelina was talking about getting saved. Following is the conversation:

Angelina: "I'm going to heaben when I get sabed, but I'm not sabed yet."

Andrew: "Yes, you need to get saved so that you can go to heaven when you die."

Grandma (me) : "Or maybe Jesus will come back before then and just take us straight to heaven".

Angelina (ever so thoughtfully): "Mommy didn't tell me about that."

What was so sweet is that Angelina's Mommy is telling her about Jesus and what He has done for her. And she's listening! Children are never too young to learn about Jesus.

I'm exhausted and am going to call it a day soon. Not only did I have Matthew all day today, but Angelina and her little brother Wesley (age 14 months) were over here for a few hours. Two toddlers and a 3 1/2 year old can really wear a body out! I'm a worn out, happy grandmother--I guess that makes me wappy!

No comments: