Thursday, March 12, 2009

Matthew is Home!!

Matthew came home from the hospital today! Originally, Chet and Phyllis were told that he would probably be hospitalized for three days. Imagine how happy they were when they found out that they could take him home already.

The surgery went well, although he has been in pain. When he was brought to recovery after surgery, Chet and Phyllis were shocked to see how swollen his mouth and eyes were. Today, however, the swelling had gone down. The difficult thing now is going to be the restraints that he has to have on his arms to keep him from touching his mouth. He has to wear them day and night for two weeks. As one can imagine, that is going to be very trying for little Matthew--and even more for Mom and Dad.

When I got up at 3:00 this morning, I peeked into Trent's room and saw him sitting up in his bed. I went to him and asked, "Is there something wrong Trent?" "I can't sleep," he replied. "It's Matthew!" I said, "Matthew is okay. God is taking care of him. The nurses are giving him medicine to help him to sleep and when he is asleep, he is not feeling pain." Trent has a heart full of love! I praise God for the love between "Uncle" Trent and his nephew. Thank you dear Jesus for taking care of our little Matthew.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! He has been in my prayers! And I'll keep on praying!

Jenny said...

Oh what a sweet Uncle Trent! He has such a tender heart...