Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Test for Down Syndrome

After writing my blog for today, I went back and read an e-mail a friend sent to me. I received some disturbing information.

Most of us know that 90 to 95% of unborn babies with Down Syndrome are now aborted. Let's say it the way it should be said. They are KILLED! Now there is a new test that can be done as early as the 8th week of pregnancy to determine if the unborn baby (Oops! I was suppose to say fetus) has Down Syndrome. Let's get real. How long will it be before every pregnant woman will be required to take the test and if the baby is found to be defective, abortion will be required? And WHO, I would like to ask, has the right or even the ability to determine what defective is? The ultimate purpose of all of this would be for one purpose and for one purpose only--to eradicate Down Syndrome.

Words can not even begin to express how this makes me feel. I am heartsick. I feel weak and nauseous when I read this.

I can not or would not like to imagine my life without my son Trent. Trent is Trent. I do not think about his having Down Syndrome. As I stated in my book, Down Syndrome does not make Trent who he is. Trent is a very loving young man who happens to have Down Syndrome. What if we were all brought before a jury and our worth had to be decided. How many of us would make the cut?

We WILL all stand before a judge some day--the Creator of all! Our nation is going to pay a huge price for what we have done and the things we continue to do. We should not turn our heads the other way and condone these sins. We need to be on our knees begging God's forgiveness and asking Him to stop these abominable actions of mankind. We have no right to kill someone whom God made!

You see, abortion rules out a person. The only way a woman can abort is to not think of that unborn child as a person. It is only a fetus. That's what sin is--it's only....it's only...it's only.

My Bible tells me that God created--He created the earth, the sun, moon, and stars, the animals, and man and woman. He created everything. All things were created by Him and for Him.

Oh that God would extend His hand of mercy on this country!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Mrs. Evans,
It's infuriating to see people be so selfish as to take another person's life so flagrantly. I wonder if someday they will start doing this for autism, too.

I pray for these unborn children and for the parents who choose to kill them because they are afraid.

How are we any different than Nazi Germany? Taking the lives of those who aren't see as "valuable" to the human race. I fear what is to come.